Sunday, April 12, 2009

update

First three months of 2009.

So far I have read:

12 books in German (about 120 pages each).
1 book in Russian (around 1200 pages).

I have looked up every single unknown word in German. Unsurprisingly, I keep looking up certain stuff.

I am also done with all of the German audiobooks that were on my mp3 player.

April/May - I intend to concentrate on German and French.

I keep talking about French. It's a beautiful language I can enjoy without any birthing pains and I keep neglecting it and spreading myself thin with other languages. I intend to have lots of fun with French. So far I have read 1/3 of Les Trois Mousquetaires by Alexandre Dumas. It's been a blast.

One thing that is interfering with my language studies: I am exercising actively. I am also on a diet. I have lost some 25 pounds (February-April). Another 20 to go.

4 comments:

Keith said...

Congratulations on your first 3 months of the year. I'm sure the reading is doing you a lot of good. But I don't understand why you feel the need to look up every unknown word.

la stanza in fondo agli occhi said...

Les Trois Mousquetaires? You're working hard!

frenkeld said...

Exercise is a good excuse, but diet?

Anonymous said...

Diet is even better excuse. Everything is harder with less carbohydrates. :o)